Unable to create T to T or B to B link manually but able to programmatically

Hi,

In looking at the flow diagram example at Flowchart, if I place 2 nodes (e.g. “Bake for 25 minutes and let cool” and “cut into rectangular grid”) side by side (i.e. have roughly the same vertical position), then I would have trouble creating a link from the bottom of 1 node to the bottom of the other node or from the top of 1 node to the top of the other node using my mouse.

However, drawing node using mouse from top to bottom or bottom to top still works.

Also, if I were to manually add {"from": 7, "to":8, "fromPort":"B", "toPort": "B"} into the links array and click “load”, a link from “Bake for 25 minutes and let cool” to “cut into rectangular grid”, bottom to bottom, will be drawn.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

That ability is part of the link validation that GoJS does in the LinkingTool. Read more at GoJS Validation -- Northwoods Software

The makePort function in Flowchart creates each port used in each node template. Note how it is parameterized – in particular the output and input arguments control whether users can draw a link coming out of the port and whether users can draw a link going into the port. Check how the ports are defined in the node template(s) that you are interested in connecting.