Very large diagrams

Hello,

I'm trying the library and seems to fit my needs. But I've tried to have a scale different on x and on y axis. Anyway to do that ?
I also want to set a different limit for scale on x and y, possible ?
Thanks for any hints.
Bye
Didier

Well, it is possible, although not supported, to have different GoView.DocScales along the X and Y axes. However, this will result in everything being stretched or shrunk correspondingly, including text, which is not what most people want.

What is it that you really want to accomplish?

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.
I'm not exactly developing a diagram view, but want to use your lib for the shapes, grid, document, view, layers and so on.
I've to build a sort of grid with a very big X-axis (~32000) and a 'normal Y-axis (~100). I've to write at the top of the column the id in the column (0 to 32000 / depending on the scale display or not). In y, scale always the same, and text at the left of the grid (e.g 'product 1').
Afterwards, I want to show the intersection between lines (product) and vertical ids with colored squares (editable, this is where your library is interesting me). Afterwards I will put some other objects also at intersection between lines en columns, using layers.
By the way, I've tried to create 32'000 texts in the column header, and it is pretty slow. Am I making something wrong (creating and adding each text to document) or perhaps 32'000 is definitively too much in term of objects in 1 document ?
I understand that I'm not using you diagrams exactly for what they are done, but I will have later on to implement also 'real' diagrams, so if I can use the same library ....
Thanks
Bye
Didier
The best thing to do is to just create the objects (both labels and grid content) when needed, not all at once at the beginning.
I'll come up with an example when I get a chance.

OK, I’ve created a simple sample: http://www.nwoods.com/forum/uploads/Virtualizer.zip

It keeps track of what part of the document that the view is looking at, and automatically creates the nodes (and links from those nodes) that should be visible if they hadn't been created before.
The abstract information describing the grid and nodes and links are created at startup time in an array. For clarity, the text of each node is just the cell's X,Y location. There's a separate array keeping track of the nodes that have been created.
Here is a sequence of screen shots. Note the counter at the bottom left, showing how many nodes have really been created. I scroll a bit to the right, then all the way to the far right, then to the bottom right corner, and finally back to the origin. Note that the origin looks the same, but the counter shows lots of nodes have been created since then.

Hi,

Thanks a lot, I think I can use the principle.
In a first time, I will work with GoExpress, and I'm pretty sure that after a while I would persuade 'my hierachy' to buy it or at a minimum level to buy support.
Thanks
Bye
Didier