Wrong behaviour of mouseWheelBehavior on touchpad

I found interesting bug while working on touchpad and "toolManager.mouseWheelBehavior": go.ToolManager.WheelZoom,

When i’m trying to pinch in or pinch out it works properly, it zoom in and zoom out. When I put two fingers to touchpad and move it to top or to bottom it zoom in and zoom out too, BUT when I move to left or to rigth it only zoom in the diagram.

My expectation by moving two fingers is moving the diagram not zoom.
Without "toolManager.mouseWheelBehavior": go.ToolManager.WheelZoom, it works properly.

Could you please describe the hardware and operating system that you are using?

The issue appered at MacBook air and on my laptop it is also actual.
My laptop is Xiaomi Mi Notebook here you could see all specification.
Shortly:

Brand: Xiaomi
Caching: 8MB
Core: 1.8GHz,Quad Core
CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U
CPU Brand: Intel
Graphics Capacity: 2G
Graphics Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce MX150
Graphics Type: Graphics Card
Model: Mi Notebook Pro
Power Consumption: 15W
Process Technology: 14nm
Type: Notebook
Threading: 8
CPU Series: Core i7

OK, I see what you mean. We’ll investigate. Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Could you try out the beta 1.8.24 release that is currently at GoJS - Build Interactive Diagrams for the Web ?

thank you @walter it works!

And 1.8.24 is now “latest”.

Not sure if this was intended, but this seems to have reversed how the mouse scroll wheel works. Scrolling up on the wheel should zoom in, but now zooms out and vice versa.

Really? What hardware and software are you using?

I see what you mean. We will investigate. There might have been a sign issue introduced.

Thanks @simon!

@walter, the people that have reported it are using Chrome >65.0 on Windows 10. As far as hardware, I believe they are all Lenovo wireless mice with a center scroll wheel.

Thanks @dsirmans, we see the issue and it will be fixed in the next release.

So this was a change that Chrome introduced? Because it wasn’t/isn’t a problem in other browsers?

We used to prefer deltaX/Y over wheelDeltaX/Y, but there was additionally a sign issue with wheelDeltaX/Y.

@dsirmans we have just released 1.8.25 which should fix this issue.